Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: golden retriever specific food?

When Royal Canin was creating this food they invited breeders (show people mostly) from all over the country - flew them to Chicago I think - put them up in a hotel - a nice hotel - all expenses paid. Wined and dined them, asked them what they were feeding, what they wanted in a dog food, etc etc...

And then a few months later...they released that food. I haven't heard a lot of discussion on what expectations were and how they compare to the food...remember that a lot of "show people" feed pro-plan and the like - not exactly what we like to feed our dogs - but they're getting excellent coats, no doubt because of all of the added fat - and they're working with intact animals who seem to have better coats than the spay/neuter coats that most of us deal with...

Erica

Re: Re: golden retriever specific food?

Interesting Erica! Sounds just like a pharmaceutical company, with all the wining and dining.

I had no idea that some show people feed lower quality foods - always thought that they were like you and fed really well to keep their dogs in great condition for the show ring. How in the world can they get those coats without high quality food, even with the added fat????