Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My awful early Chirstmas Morning by Bailey long

So, Mom and I were sound asleep when (at 3:45 AM.) this horrible noise goes beep in our bedroom. Mom got up said something about a smoker detector battery and gets a kitchen chair and bring it into our room. I did not like that noise! She said she was going to fix it. Yah right! She gets it off the wall takes it in to the kitchen counter and says she got the battery out and everything was fine. A second later it goes beep again! In an aside I should tell you Mom was up late wrapping and baking so she wasn't thinking right or so she says. So then she got out the hammer and smashed the detector thing. Tells me it ok now. Beep! She goes into the hallway where there is an old detector with no battery because it was too near the kitchen. She moves the chair there and gets a screwdriver and takes it down and smashes it with a hammer telling me it will be ok now....Beep! By now I was shaking and clinging to her but she keep lying to me and saying it was ok! Finally she goes back to the hallway looks around and realizes the C02 detector was there carried it to the kitchen took out its batteries and tells me now everything is fine. Like I believe her. She goes to bed and I get in the bathtub and started digging like mad, I first thought of going to China but thought about all that bad dog food so changed my course to somewhere friendlier. I figured "Uncle" Bill would take me in. Mom realized she wasn't getting to sleep with my digging so she dragged me out of the tub and I fell asleep in few minutes as it turned out she was right and the noise was gone. Mom was awake by then for a long time.

I must say I did get a bunch of presents so the day turned out OK in the end.

Bailey

Re: My awful early Chirstmas Morning by Bailey long

Mom says i can't even spell Christmas so I must not be too with it either.

Bailey

Poor Bailey... digging in the bathtub must not be to much fun... and besides a boy needs his sleep! I bet you got a nap today.. it was a lazy day at our house today... lots of nappin' goin' on!

Love, Belle, Sophie, & Snickers

Bailey,

Do I understand where your coming from. I hate when they go off. That's happen so many times at my house. Thank Goodness the beeping is all gone.

Cory

Bailey:
I have a biggggg bed and fur kidz are always welcome. They make the bestest snugglers!. If that nasty beeper starts again dig towards Colorado and I'll meet you half way!
Uncle Bill

Bailey --We's sorry your Christmas morning was not so good. We spent it with lots of barking dogs at a place called Happy Hounds. Our peeps came and got us in our dogmobile today, but it was really noisy and we's still tired. (Those little ones bark the most!) We's with you, smoke detectors sound awful, nothing like the pretty harmony of dogs howling at sirens or the sound of the fridge door opening.

With much love and sympathy,
Honey and Abby

Bailey, poor you! It sounds like Mom was frantic to help you out, so neither of you had any fun trying to make the awful noise stop. Hope you've recovered....treats always help heal your scary experiences