Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A new take on "Pay It Forward" - A sweet rescue story :o)

This is a sweet story that I hope will inspire you on those moments where you might wonder "Why do I get involved in animal rescue"?

You have all heard me mention my grandsons.. the two that spend much time with us are 4 and 7. The 7 year old has some Sensory Integration issues which cause him to have trouble dealing with social situations, so his relationships are somewhat limited. He can be rough and tumble when he's seeking sensory imput so his actions can be misunderstood if you don't know him. But, his actions with animals is always sweet, gentle, and appropriate. He can mix it up with Sophie, run, play, wrestle, or cuddle, depending on the moment. On the other end of the spectrum, he was sweet, gentle and loving with Copper right to the end... you get the picture, he meets the animals where they are...

He was with us when we pulled Snickers out of the shelter and within minutes had made fast friends with her.

He has always wanted a kitty.. well we have never had cats and Papa is allergic, and Abby loves to chase the cats who come onto their proprety.. so not really your typical cat friendly environment.

Seems there has been a stray kitty near their house lately... I often saw a little kitty butt disappear under a car when I drove up to their house, she was very skittish.

Last week he called me to see something when I drove up. He said... you stand right here until I call you... when he called me I went forward and there he stood proudly holding "his kitty" who was just cuddling him and purring.... at 7 years old, he has completed his first "rescue".

He is in love with his new Kitty and so proud of himself.... we are proud of him too! Sometimes we forget how our actions model behaviors for our kids, in this case I'm very glad he picked up on this one.

Helen was a good example for all of us, as is Margaret, Susan Marie, and each of us in our own way influence others to care for animals who can not care for themselves.... Merry Christmas and celebrate all the love you share each day with our furry family members!

Re: A new take on "Pay It Forward" - A sweet rescue story :o)

What a sweet and touching story! Thanks for sharing!
Fidele & Cedar