Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Missing Rescue Dog in KY - please cross post

Please contact me if you want a phone number to help - I didn't want to post the foster mom's cell on the internet...

URGENT HELP NEEDED!
GRRAND rescued golden, Lindsey, escaped her collar as she was entering East Louisville Animal Hospital at 7:15 this morning (12-21) for her appointment to be spayed. She ran across Westport Road and cannot be found anywhere.

Lindsey is a puppy mill dog and is extremely terrified and unsocialized. She has no identification since she slipped her collar and had not yet been microchipped.

GRRAND is in need of any available person to aid in the search for Lindsey. She will be very difficult to catch, even if located, due to her fear. If you, or anyone you know in the St. Matthews area would be able to help with this search, please come to East Louisville Animal Hospital at 4158 Westport Road.

We would really appreciate all the help that we can get right now!! We are desperate to find Lindsey before it gets dark this evening. Go to the following link to see a picture of Lindsey

http://www.grrand.org/showpage.php?page=dogdtl.htm&petid=1375

Re: Missing Rescue Dog in KY - please cross post

Marianne,
Have you heard if Lindsey has been found? I sure hope this has a happy ending!

Marcy

Re: Missing Rescue Dog in KY - please cross post

We had a similar thing happen in our town. A rescued dog who was very fearful of people got out of her fostern family's yard. The neighborhood joined together and put out food and water and eventually they got her to go into a yard for the food and then they closed the gate. She was again safe. I sure hope Lindsey's story has a similar happy ending. Keep us informed........please!
Jill

still lost

As of this morning, LIndsey had not been found. They searched all day yesterday and were going to reorganize this morning at 9am. I was unable to travel to Louisville to help but I keep checking to see if they've found her.

I'll keep you posted - just keep sending good thoughts for that poor scared little thing!

Thankfully, it's warm today in the Tri-State (mid 50s and sunny) so at least she won't be too cold...

Thanks

Marianne

Re: still lost

Positive thoughts for poor, frightened Lindsey. It takes such a long time for the puppy mill pups to learn the ways of the world as they should be; fingers crossed that this girl gets that chance!