Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Annual Random Strays

Erica, I remember the story of last year's stray. Good for you for being those dogs' angel; that snack sounds pretty darn good, too Do you have a no-kill shelter you could take them to?

Re: Re: Annual Random Strays

Molly,

Jughead, last years stray, hung around all winter long. I fattened him up right nicely. Then when the farmer started working the land down the hill from us, one of his guys took Jughead in. Jughead would come to work with the guy and I would see him once in a while throughout the summer, still nice and thick, and he seemed happy. Kinda like he was coming around to let me know it was all good. Juliette, who was the other one from last year, is a happy and spoiled house dog now who wants for nothing. I hooked her up with the mom of one of our employees. They brought her out to visit a couple of times over the summer as well, and she looked great. Never realized what she looked like her natural white color as opposed to the roll around in the dirt and mud color she always was with me.

These two new guys... they aren't as skinny as Jughead was last year, thank goodness. They still aren't sure about coming close enough to be hand fed or anything... I am sure we have a no kill shelter around here. I believe the Oregon Humane Society is one... but, they don't look like they would much like the confinement of a "cell" when they are so used to being able to have free run of the out doors. Tonight I will bring the big bed we got last winter back to put in the house. Hopefully they will make themselves at home and I will see them tomorrow. From there, we will see what happens.

Oh, as far as their snack went... it was either that or an assortment of nutrigrain bars, or red baron frozen pizza, or frozen corndogs... lol The strange things one finds in the kitchen of a construction office.

Re: Re: Re: Annual Random Strays

There must be one of those special "Hobo" markings on the office that says "Dogs who need a good place for the winter, stop here!"

It's wonderful of you to help them.

Regards,

PJ