Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: This woman needs help

Vicki~
I don't see those conditions in my neighborhood.......thank goodness. When I go to stay at my sister's cottage, I see it there. I can't handle it either. Each year I went there it was the same..........for years and years and years. Two dogs constantly on a short chain laying in derelict conditions not fit for any animal. But, they had food and water (sometimes!) which was the only requirement necessary. Do you know how cold it gets in Michigan??? It was inhumane, in my opinion and I honestly considered freeing them.......but I didn't. Sometimes I'm disappointed in myself. These people moved too, just last year. I don't know what happened to the dogs. It made me so sad and very angry too. I don't know if what Tammy Grimes did is right or wrong, but I'd like to believe she had the dog's best interest in mind, which may have been more than Doogie's owners did. Of course, that is only my opinion.
Jill

Re: Re: Re: Re: This woman needs help

Jill,

I just recieved a picture of the dog that Tammy Grimes unchained. It's a picture of him laying on the ground the day she got him. I'm trying to get it posted on here. I don't think she did the wrong thing.

On one of the "detroit cops" episode they went to visit a dog in 0 temps. The dog had not been fed or had water or shelter. They called the dog to them and he got up and fell back down again. I just couldn't stand it. It was terrible. Had a good ending though. He got a loving home and still trusted people after being treated like that. If I could only be that forgiving.

I'll try to get the picture posted on here.

Vicki

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This woman needs help

Vicky~
I think this is the pic you're referring to. You'll have to cut and paste:
http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com/doogie.html

The pictures on that 'dogs deserve better' website are self-explanatory and some of them quite graphic. But unfortunately it's reality.
Jill

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This woman needs help

Thank you Jill. It's the third one down that shows how skinny he is. Makes me sick. I think the people who are going against her are saying that the dog was perfectly healthy. How can anyone believe them if they see this picture. I sure hope something good comes out of all this.

Vicki