Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Coyote question

Rick,

I don't think you're scaring people. They need to know that coyotes CAN be very sly and if they do lure your dog from you, you could lose your dog.

Funny thing is, I grew up in the country by the river and listened to coyotes howling every night. Sometimes we would lose a cat or two but not very often.

Now that I'm living in the city, the last thing I ever expected to see was a coyote! Sure did surprise me!

Vicki

Thanks!

Thanks for all of your input - I think I'm going to have to find another place after hearing your stories. I would be a nervous wreck the entire time and I can't knowingly bring her anywhere where I think she could be in harms way. It's too bad about the park with the river - it's on 35 acres of land and she runs like the wind for several hours, playing with other dogs - but Faith is drawn to the river like a magnet, more so than all the other dogs.

Back to the drawing board. It's going to be a long winter....

Sandra