Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Shadow Redlus

Shadow should be at peace right now. I can picture the joy in his face when he saw Helen again. What a wonderful reunion that must have been.
Shadow was a big red boy. I remember when Zach and I went to Goldentown. All Zach wanted to do was follow Shadow. They had a wonderful time together.
Our candle is lit for Shadow

Thanks for posting, Deb. I often visit Homeward Bound's website and always see Shadow's picture at the very top of the available dogs page. Him and his goofy, flying nun ears... It was always so very sad to see him there. Didn't Bob try to keep him for awhile after Helen passed away?

Re: Re: Shadow Redlus

Yes, Bob did keep him for almost a year. Sadly, Shadow could not be left alone and Bob had to work.

His life at Homeward Bound was a good one. He was very loved and got lots of attention.

Deb

Re: Re: Re: Shadow Redlus

Thanks so much, Deb. Homeward Bound seems like a wonderful place and I have absolutely no doubt that Shadow's days there were as happy as they could be for him.

http://web.mac.com/bward5/RedlusGric/CasaShadow.html

Very sorry to hear that. When we visited Helen a few years ago, Shadow was one of Carol's favourites.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

That is so strange. Yesterday I was looking around the web and thought to check to see if Shadow was still out there for adoption. I always loved his special look, his ears set up a little higher on his head. I laughed so hard when Helen said that Shadow got in the wrong ear line.

I agree that there must be the most joyous reunion going on at the Bridge! Special golden thoughts for both Shadow and Helen today!

Karen, Belle, Soph, & Foster Snickers

A candle is lit to help Shadow find his way to the bridge. It will be a very joyful reunion when he finds Helen again.

I agree that it is bittersweet. Shadow must have been to Helen as Spikey is to me. Where I go, he also must go, as long as it does not involve car travel.

I am sure that Helen will be happy to have all of the Casa goldens with her.

Regards,

PJ

I'm sorry to hear Shadow has gone to RB, but I know he and Helen will never be apart again. What a wonderful reunion they must've had! In addition to all the golden kidz who greeted him, including my sweet Texas.

Godspeed, sweet Shadow. You are loved and missed!
Marcy

Re: Re: Re: Shadow Redlus

So sorry to hear about Shadow, at peace and back with Helen.
Debbie

Godspeed sweet Shadow! And tell Helen we miss her!
Fidele & Cedar

Thanks for letting us know. I saw that he was no longer on the website, but did not know what had happened. Helen will be glad to see Shadow.

Thanks Deb, for letting us know. I feel like so many others have said here... Shadow is at peace and back with his Helen. And smiling a bit about the ears, as he definitely "got into the wrong line" when the ears were given out.

Carol