Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Paging Rick/ OT CA. trip

Glad you had a such a good trip! I was at a hotel last weekend for a dog show & was just wondering how hotels were doing with losing all that money on telephone calls with everyone using cell phones now - I guess they make up for with just a few calls here & there. Crazy!!!

I live on a windy mountain road & we see deer get hit all the time and I get teary every single time. It's just a horrible sight to see. Luckily, I've never done the hitting, but we see them dead or injured several times a week. I have those deer alert things on the front of my car - not sure if they work or just coincidence that I've not hit one? A friend of mine got in the middle of an elk herd crossing the road - completely totalled his Durango. I did have an elk jump over the hood of my SUV last year - scared the crap out of me! I would have thought I imagined it except I had several other people in the car with me; no one said a word for several minutes!

Another Deer story

My best friend was taking her teen-aged son out to practice driving their van. While legally stopped at a traffic light, in a suburban area, their van was hit on the driver-side door by a leaping deer. It scared them out of their wits!

Luckily no one (except the van) was injured, and the deer went on its way.

Regards,

PJ

Re: Another Deer story

Gruesome thread hijack . . .

Worst road I ever saw for animal corpses was around the LBJ Ranch near San Antonio, Texas. Bodies everywhere along the road. Remarkable.

There was a deer nosing around Susan Marie's back yard when we were there. Smaller than we see around here but cute.

Males are on the move this time of year and aren't really looking out for what they're doing. There was someone else at the police station filling out the same report I was. Her deer died although, realistically, I should assume mine eventually did anyway. They're unfortunately easy to kill. And then, with myself in the passenger seat, Carol had to slam on the brakes to avoid one on the way home.

Yeesh. I'm getting jumpy.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca