Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Hectic times

Foster failuring can lead to some great family members. That is how we got our sweet and ladylike Hopscotch. I have memories of that first winter, when she was so thin she jumped off the deck through the railings. (She was at 43 pounds, up from her low of 34 pounds when picked up by animal control with her surviving kennel mates.)

I hope Snickers gets a really good home, with you or with another wonderful family.

Margaret-I'm with you on the hectic. Both hubby and I were too pooped from this week (too many stories to tell) that we couldn't go shopping tonight, so we each got a quarter pounder at McD. and called it a dinner.

Regards,

PJ

Re: Hectic times

Sending positive thoughts for DJ! Was DJ upset by his cocker friend leaving for a new home?

Goldie had seizures when she was younger. They started around age 5. They seemed pretty bad to me. When she had 3 in a weekend she started on phenobarbitol. She never had another one that we were aware of, though she was home by herself while we worked. About a year ago (age 10), she was sick for 2-3 days and wouldn't eat much of anything or take her pills. Nothing happened, so we decided to chance keeping her off it. So far, so good.

Re: Re: Hectic times

They seemed like a strongly bonded pair when they arrived, but after a couple of days each of them was more interested in attention from me, or James, than from each other. Neither seems to have missed the other, and the Cocker is the only dog for his new mom. He seems to be lapping up having a Mom all to himself. Her daughter has dogs for him to play with too.

Margaret

Re: Hectic times

Margaret,

WHat a great picture. I hope the seizures are nothing too serious. The poor boy. How lucky he is to have a great foster like you.