Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2007 Holiday Card Exchange: Explanation, Guidelines and How to.

2007 Holiday Card Exchange...

It's that time of year again, time to start thinking about the holidays. This will be the fourth year for the holiday card swap on GRiC, by popular demand I've offered to facilitate the swap again this year - The general concept is that you provide me with your full name and address(via email - please don't post your address here on the forum). I compile the master list of all the participants and send you back a copy of the master list with the 5 people you should send cards to (they'll be the same people that send you cards). Still interested? Here are the general guidelines:

1) Participation is completely voluntary. By sending me your address information you understand that I'm going to pass that information along (as an integral part of this process). Holiday cards don't even have to be holiday cards, remember that cheer comes in many forms my friends.

2) Mailing addresses only again this year - it was too complicated to sort out who wanted just e-cards with who could send them - it just got way too complicated. It is fine if you want to use a work address instead of a home address but they must be mailing addresses.

3) In the past I had a lot of requests like "I got my 5 people, but I also want to send a card to Henrietta, can you give me her mailing address?" Then I'd email Henrietta and tell her that Joanie wanted her mailing address and was that OK with her, then email Joanie the address. Not only did this kill some of the "surprise" aspect of Henrietta getting a card from Joanie, there were a lot of these it was hard for me to manage who had relased their contact information to whom with the rest of my "life" responsibilities. Again this year (like last year) everyone will receive not only the five that they are to send to, but also the name and addresses of everyone else participating. So Joanie won't need to go through me to send a card to Henrietta.

4) You might not know some of the people you are sending cards to (lurkers, please come out and join us). Think of this as a chance to make some new golden friends. Given the open list policy this year you should be able to send a card to anyone you'd like in addition to your randomly selected five if you so choose.

5) The card exchange will include members of the GRiC Forum - this list is not affiliated with the Hobbes or Goldstock card exchange. You are welcome to participate in as many card exchanges as you like - but they are separate and I only organize this exchange on GRiC.

6) Going back to the days when Helen was around there are some "optional" addresses that I'll include on the list - these people won't be participants of the exchange but have always been included as a small token of our gratitude for their contributions to bringing us together - Bob Redlus for example.

7) Names and addresses should be sent to me via email (see above or eferland (at) pagesculptor.com), please put "Card exchange" in the subject - while not mandatory the subject will help me sort incoming mail - I'll confess it's a time saver for me. I'll collect names and addresses until the Monday after Thanksgiving - 11/26 (I'll post a reminder before then) and I'll email the address list to participants by the following Friday (11/30). That last date subject to bend a bit, but there will be plenty of time to mail to our friends in Canada and Europe and....

If you sent me your address last year - please send it again. I won't presume that anyone who participated last year wants to play again this year (consider last years' list gone forever) - you'll have to "opt in" again. Yes, I MAY have your address saved somewhere - but PLEASE don't make me go hunting for it ( ) when you send the email to be included in the exchange send the mailing address again - even if you live next door to me - seriously - please make my life easier by sending everything in one email....

9) When I process your "opt-in" I'll reply letting you know I've received your email/address...This might not be the same day you send me the address - don't panic!

10) Questions? Please post them on the forum, I doubt you'll be the only one with that question...

Erica

Re: 2007 Holiday Card Exchange: Explanation, Guidelines and How to.

Erica,
Thanks for organizing this again. It meant a lot to me to receive so many cards last year. Especially since Zach had passed away just as the holidays were approaching. I received so many nice cards and notes.
I'd love to be involved this year.

Re: Re: 2007 Holiday Card Exchange: Explanation, Guidelines and How to.

Thanks, Erica, for organizing the card exchange again this year! We've enjoyed hearing from our GRiC "family" thru the years. I just sent you my address. Hugs to you, Murphy and Teller. Hope all of you are well.

Marcy

Re: 2007 Holiday Card Exchange: Explanation, Guidelines and How to.

Erica,

Count us in . . . we're on holidays for a week though and I'm not too swift with this hotel internet thing so I'll snd you address info next weekend OR send me an e-mail to the address above so I can reply to it.

Thanks and thanks for lookng after this again.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca.