Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Heartwarming article from Ohio

What amazing creatures these goldens are...

Dog Pulls Seizure-Stricken Owner Out Of Cold

POSTED: 10:44 am EST February 8, 2007
UPDATED: 10:56 am EST February 8, 2007

TOLEDO, Ohio -- A Toledo woman said she would have fallen victim to the cold weather were it not for her dog.

Sam Good suffers from reflex sympathetic dystrophy, a neurological syndrome that sparks immobilizing seizures through her body. Good said she suffered an attack last week while going outside to turn off her back porch light.

Temperatures were in the teens, and Good feared she might freeze. She called out to her 104-pound golden retriever, Maddie.

Maddie came to the porch and Good was barely able to wrap her arms around the dog's neck. Maddie then dragged her owner back into the warmth and safety of her house, all the way to her bedroom.

Good's seizure eventually subsided, but she said she could have frozen to death if not for her dog's help.

Re: Heartwarming article from Ohio

Thank goodness for the loyalty of a golden. A very big golden at that....104 lbs on a female?? Geez!!

So good to hear happy news about our favorite breed!

Trish and Honey

Judie, this story was on our noon news today! Maddie and her owner... Maddie "smiled" the whole time! Hope you get to see it tonight (Channel 5).

Carol in NE Ohio

Goldens are true. They are brilliant dogs and their main purpose of life is to take care of the ones that they love. Truelly an amazing story. Thank You for sharing.