Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tear soaked

I'm so sorry.

I am so sorry to hear your news. Sending you a great big hug.

Whenever you feel like your at your end, just remember Goldie is there. Goldens love us unconditionally and forever. Take one day at a time. We are here to listen if you need us.

Lori

I'm so sorry. I'm glad you have Goldie to help you through this terrible time.

Ah yes, they are wonder workers aren't they? Miss Molly Maguire and Goldie saved me while I was going through my divorce. I am sorry that you will be going down the same path I have but I want to assure you that things improve and that those furry friends who soaked up the tears will also share in your joy and healing down the road.

Cindy (and Goldie)... I'm sending you a hug from all of us. Goldens are the absolute best for comfort in time of need.

Carol, Reggie, Emma

I am so sorry to hear this news but so glad you have Goldie by your side. When my husabnd and I split up, he took the dog even though she was MY birthday present! Please take care.

Re: Re: Tear soaked

Susan Marie, for him to take your dog is SO wrong! Goldie and the cat were mine before we were married. Now I worry because they are old and I am so not ready to face that loss too.

A good ending, sorry very long!

Well Cindy, the story even gets better. In the beginning he would still let me see her and let her stay over sometimes. Then when he got a new girlfriend, she didn't like it that he would see me when he picked up Kay Cee, so he said I couldn't see her any more, EVER! Kay Cee and the girlfriend's dog would run away and come to my house, which was pretty funny cause I would have to call them in the middle of the night to come get their dogs~! I ended up getting a new puppy (Courtney) and then a year later after they got married, SHE decided she couldn't deal with her any more and I got a call saying I had to take her or she was going to the pound! Of couse we took her, even though she was a complete mess mentally and physically. But the bottom line was, if he hadn't taken her away in the first place, we wouldn't have gotten Courtney, who was truly the love of our lives. I think every thing happens for a reason , even the bad stuff can have a good ending! Hang in there. We are always here for you!!

Cindi:

I am so very sorry that you are going through this .. and YES, Goldie will be your greatest comfort.

To add so Susan's story ... I got Casey while living in California. My husband was AGAINST having a dog! But, when I came back to WV to take care of my Dad, then we got divorced ... to make along story short, he wouldn't let me have Casey back.

About 6 months later, he "ditched" Casey at my 80+ year old in-laws as he had gotten a new job that involved traveling. They couldn't handle Casey so called me to see if I still wanted her. Of course I did!

She flew from Los Angelos to Pittsburgh ... I hadn't seen her in 6 months and when she came off the plane, all my tears flowed onto her beautiful Golden Fur.

Hang in there strong ... times will be tough for a while but they WILL get better.

XXOO Peggy Sue and Zoo