Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OT -- Barbaro is gone

Like so many others, I was deeply touched by the valiant and brave fight put on by Barbaro and his owners and veterinarians. Sadly, today he lost his fight. Please join me in lighting a candle and wishing Barbaro goodspeed on his journey to the Bridge.

Re: OT -- Barbaro is gone

I just saw this a short time ago. He certainly put up a good fight despite the odds against him. I'm so bummed, I was really hoping somehow he would beat those odds and make it...maybe not to live a normal racing life but at least to be pain free and be able to enjoy a life of leisure. Godspeed, Barbaro...you'll have many furry friends to welcome you to the Bridge.

I was so upset to here about Barbaro this morning. Being a horse owner I can only imagine what his family is going through after such a brave fight.

I have my candle lit for Barbaro.

Tara

I hadn't heard the news yet, and I'm crying for a horse I never knew. He sure touched many hearts around the world with his spirit and his will to live. Up until a few days ago, I thought he'd beat the odds and spend his life on the farm with his owners. I know the decision had to be hard on them, but they also said they wouldn't let Barbaro suffer.

Now, he's running again, pain free, like the champion he was in life.

Godspeed, Barbaro.

Marcy

Such a sad news. At least he is now pain free. What a brave soul.