Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lead in Pet-Tabs

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16655168/

The above article on MSNBC talks mostly about human multi-vitamins and problems that were found. Several of the brands specifically for women had lead in them; one was 5 times the recommended daily limit! Toward the end of the article is a small paragraph that says that Pet-Tabs (a multi-vitamin for dogs) are contaminated with lead.

Just wanted to warn anyone out there who may be using Pet-Tabs.

Janet

Re: Lead in Pet-Tabs

I've used them for a while...I've got a call into Pfizer for more info...too bad - they were a good multi-vitamin and were well tolerated by the system - no upset tummies!
E

Re: Re: Lead in Pet-Tabs

We switched a while ago to Excel multi-vitamins; we use the "TR" (time released) version. They are tolerated very well by the doggies and are half the cost of Pet Tabs.

Janet

Janet -
Do you use these (image below)...it looks like the "adult" formula is just about the same as pet tabs - the "senior" equal to the pet tabs plus. The calcium levels are different though - have to look at that a bit further...Which variety do you feed?

Re: Re: Lead in Pet-Tabs

We use the regular Daily Multi-vitamin. Even though Snickers is 9 1/2, the vet recommended the daily vitamin since she is still extremely active.

Janet

Thanks for the heads up!!!