Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Laser Surgery for Fatty Lipomas or laser surgery in general?

Hey Folks,

Wonder if any of you have had laser surgery performed on your animals?

My neighbor is having a fatty lipoma removed this coming Monday on her Beagle Mix called Pheobe. Pheobe's lipoma is huge! No exaggeration it's the size of a huge Grapefruit or Cantaloupe Melon.

Something to think about for SGF down the road as well, as the cost is half of what my Vets will charge.

Just curious.

Thanks,

Annie, VA.

Re: Laser Surgery for Fatty Lipomas or laser surgery in general?

I've never heard of that before. Snickers has a lipoma that is the size of a grapefruit on one of her hind legs. The vets are reluctant to remove it because it appears to have grown between the muscles and they fear she could become lame if they operate. So far, it has not impaired her in any way so we are on a watch and wait. If laser surgery is an option, maybe it would be safer to remove it.

Janet

Re: Laser Surgery for Fatty Lipomas or laser surgery in general?

I am responding with my daughter's comment regarding her recent laser surgery for a tear in her retina.

"I feel like I've been poked in the eye with 400 popsicle sticks."

She seems to have recovered well.

Regards,

PJ