Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I miss my Golden boy

It's been since July 3 that I lost my precious, sweet Golden boy Simba and it still hurts so bad.

He was my best friend. Wherever I was, he was. We walked together, played together and when I'd sleep he'd lay right next to me.

I will never know for sure what took him. We suspect heart disease (CHF), but we are still not sure.

I pray he is at the bridge with the other Goldens who have gone too and that when my time comes he will be waiting for me.

Thanks for listening.

Deborah

Re: I miss my Golden boy

They inevitably pre-decease us . . . . from the moment you get them as a puppy you know there's a bad day coming in the future . . . that's the cruel part for us.

You gave him a good life . . . that's what you need to remember. That's the pragmatic way to look at it.

But you still miss him.

Best wishes.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Deborah- Many of us understand your feelings. With time, it does get better. You still miss him but you can focus on all of the good times that you had together. I am sure that Simba is with you now in spirit and watches over you. He was very lucky to have such a good dog mom!

Trish and Honey

Re: Re: I miss my Golden boy

Echoing what Trish said. It will get better in time. One day you'll realize that when you think of him you get a smile on your face instead of crying, and you'll have turned the corner. He was a lucky boy to have someone who cared so deeply about him.

Deborah,

I wish there was something I could say to make it better. I too lost my sweet boy in October and know all to well the pain and sadness you're going through. I can only give you a cyber hug. And yes, Simba is at the bridge playing with all the other special dogs that went before us. Must be a wonderful place with all that golden fur

Golden Hugs to you. I hope time will ease your pain.

Carol & RB Montana

Re: Re: I miss my Golden boy

Thank you EVERYONE!!

It truly helps to know you all understand.

Simba's picture is right here in front of me as I type and I wear a star pendant every day that was made in his honor/memory as he was the star of my life. His presence is always with me.

Thanks again, you are all Golden!!

hugs,
Deborah

I sure know how you feel. I lost my sweet Emily in March and I miss her so. She and I are attached by something special. It's like we've known each other for eons.

I have a 9 month old pup now, she keeps her Mum busy and is a little lover.
That makes me smile and memories of my Emmie. Missing her also keeps her so close to me.

Hope you feel better but I know, it won't go away completly ever.