Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How to train a blind puppy....anyone?...

Karen, my landlady's partner in Hawaii had a little blind dog. As I recall, a shih tzu type named Bea. She also had a large lab who was very protective and considerate of Bea. Anyway, she got along just fine in her own home and yard and just needed a little time to acclimate when she came to our house. She bumped into the walls a few times, but learned really, really quickly and was pretty fearless. I think that with a large dog, it might be more difficult, but with a little one, maybe not so much. Wouldn't think more training would be necessary, just a different form of training.

Heartbreaking that they wouldn't want to keep her because of this... I would definitely consider bringing her into your family if you and your daughter are up for it.