Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How to train a blind puppy....anyone?...

It breaks my heart to think that no one else wants that poor pup. If you and Caitlyn do take her, I bet you would find many source of helpful info. It would be such a huge job, but also so rewarding. Either way, I commend you for even considering it. Perhaps if you decide not to adopt the blind pup, you could get some local media interested in the story. I'd think with some publicity, a great home could be found. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Re: How to train a blind puppy....anyone?...

Karen, my landlady's partner in Hawaii had a little blind dog. As I recall, a shih tzu type named Bea. She also had a large lab who was very protective and considerate of Bea. Anyway, she got along just fine in her own home and yard and just needed a little time to acclimate when she came to our house. She bumped into the walls a few times, but learned really, really quickly and was pretty fearless. I think that with a large dog, it might be more difficult, but with a little one, maybe not so much. Wouldn't think more training would be necessary, just a different form of training.

Heartbreaking that they wouldn't want to keep her because of this... I would definitely consider bringing her into your family if you and your daughter are up for it.