Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Best Friend

Hello All,
The first thing I want to say is Happy New Year to you all. I hope this year brings you and your entire family - both with and without fur - health and happiness.

We had a great Christmas. On Christmas morning Michael woke up so happy and there was Cory following his little friend. Michael and Cory ran to the living room where the Christmas tree is and Michael was somewhat overwhelmed with all the gifts. He sat down and Cory sat down right next to him. Michael (who is 3 1/2 years old), folded his hands as if he was going to pray and looked up in the sky and said, "Santa, Thank you so much for all my presents. But what I want is for my best friend Cory to stay with me forever. You can have all the toys back."
My husband, inlaws, and I had tears in our eyes.
No sooner did he say his thanks, Michael, with the help of Cory, unwrapped all those presents in seconds.
I've said it once before, There is no love purer than a childs' and his dog..

Re: My Best Friend

This brought tears to my eyes! Your little guy is wise beyond his years and I hope Michael and Cory have many more years to share.

Marcy

Oh my gosh, that has to be the sweetest thing ever. It brought tears to my eyes.

Hi Lori!

WOW! I can't believe that your little guy Michael is 3-1/2! Where did the time go? I'm glad that he and Cory continue to be such great buddies and had fun unwrapping presents together.

Michael sounds like a future champion of doggie-rescue! How intuitive and thoughtful he is!

Glad that you had good times at your house and hope your 2007 is the best.

XXOO Peggy Sue and Zoo

DUH!

Uh .. I meant to say "Hi Debbie!" Both you and Lori have been on my mind to sorry about the name goof-up!

I guess I need to go to bed!

Thanks for the update Debbie. I always enjoy hearing about Michael and Cory.

XXOO Peggy

That is too sweet. You are raising an incredible little boy. I can picture Michael and Cory sitting side by side enjoying each other's company.
Your heart must feel as if it burst with pride!!!