Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday Social - Please add a sentence or two

Debbie,

Butch is doing much better on the Gabapentin and Tramadol. In fact, it's hard to keep up with him on our walks. We're getting blood tests done on Friday morning. I'm a little nervous about that so keeping fingers crossed.

Vicki

Re: Cooper & Kaiya

Cooper is 13-1/2 and doing good. He doesn't move so fast but he gets around and his health is decent. Kaiya will be 13 in December. She is on special food after a bout of pancreatitis, but still loves to go for walks. Cooper goes a shorter distance and rolls in the grass instead.

My request to join the Facebook group is still pending if anybody here can approve that. Full name is Mark Ganzer. Thanks!

Judie here with RB Abby, RB Roxy and current rescues, Gage and Claire (both about 9 years old). We were fortunate to have Abby for 15 years and Roxy for 13 years. Losing them was one of the most painful times of our lives.

Now about our current pack: Gage came to us at age 2 1/2 and had already had one hip replaced. Despite that, he is the most laid back guy you will ever meet and would be perfectly at home with anyone who would feed him! Claire, on the other hand, was a backyard puppy mill breeding dog kept at a vacant lot with limited food, water or affection. Needless to say she is very fearful and nervous. When she gets upset she shreds things, like the dog beds....we have already replaced 7 of them! She has come a long way but will never be what she could have been if she had been raised in a loving home.

I usually check in at least once or twice a week and sure hope the site continues. I learned a lot about the breed and rescue goldens right from the beginning from Helen. It has been a wonderful resource for me. TRtYPPzhank you for keeping it up and running....

I just found this site again.

I had my computer not quite give up the ghost. It had all of my stuff on it. It would only run for 4 minutes, not long enough to do anything.

This was my only major loss, so I am very happy to be back tonight.

Ginger has turned 14 years old, has trouble getting up, and only goes up the stairs once at night and down once in the morning.

Jake (forever foster) is just as silly as ever, but getting white around the eyes. He has been with us for 3 plus years, since we had to get him another rabies vaccination, and that was something he needed early on when he came to stay as a foster.

Sophie is hanging in there at 10 years old, and still going to TOPS veterinary rehab in Grayslake, IL

I am still teaching at CLC, but have a few extra health issues.

I hope that everyone here is fine, and I look forward to catching up and reading what I missed.
PJ