Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Rose Report

Rose had 10 masses in her spleen, ALL benign !! They would have eventually ruptured, so it was a good thing we removed it when we did !! YAY

Happy to hear the good news. I am sure you are glad you did the surgery.

Cheers,
Phyllis L.
Ralphie & Hannah-the Corgis

Wonderful news!

Penny had a mass on her spleen removed last October. She just appeared to be feeling really bad one afternoon and so we took her to the vet. Knew something was wrong, but somehow didn't expect that. Hers unfortunately was malignant. She recovered very well from the surgery, and has done pretty well since. She will be 10 on September 10. The vets estimated that she might have 9-12 months after the surgery. To start, we were hearing 2-4 months, 6 months. She is playful, has a good appetite, barks like a fool. (We could do without the barking part.) From time to time we notice things that are off, but she is definitely still enjoying life. At a somewhat slower pace, because she doesn't have the endurance she had previously.

Are you using "Im Yunity" on her ? Heard lots of good things about it. I had Rose on it for about 2 weeks before her surgery. She had no bleeding at all during the 2 operations. I had decided to keep her on this and not do chemo if hers had come back malignant. Now we will be keeping her on a maintenance dose. Hope you have some wonderful times left with your girl.

I am glad to hear the good news about Rose's surgery.

What is IM Munity?

Regards,
PJ

I, too, would like to know what IM Munity is. Glad Rose's surgery was a success. Benign is wonderful news.
Rosalind

This explains it well
http://nutrition.tripawds.com/2014/01/13/im-yunity-mushroom-therapy-for-canine-hemangiosarcoma/