Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday Social - traveling

For Montana, I had family come to the house 3 times a day to feed, walk and sit with him a while. For Zoe and Barney my Niece would stay at my house, that was the best option. For Crystal recently I had a friend take mornings, and family the rest of the day. I have a parrot too, who can get feisty by day 4 but my sitters know how to handle her. I would only kennel mine if it was the only option I had.

Debbie enjoy Ireland I hope to make that trip someday.

I am lucky in that the dogs have always gone up to my sisters for our longer vacations. If we are only gone for a long weekend we have a great pet sitter (who is also a vet tech) who comes and stays at the house. All of the dogs have always loved her.

Off topic, have a great time in Ireland. Last June we were there for a week for a bicycle tour in the Connemara region. We flew into Dublin, spent a day or so sightseeing, and then took the train over to Galway where we started our trip. We then took a side trip out to Aran Islands (Inishmore)where we also had a fabulous time with our bikes sightseeing.

Cheers,
Phyllis L.
Ralphie & Hannah the Corgis

I have done a little bit of everything to take care of my dogs when I travel. When Julia lived at home, she was the primary caretaker, with help from a professional dog sitter who came over to let the girls out or feed them as needed. Recently one of her friends came by the home to spend time with them when Julia was working after school. And I boarded them in a local kennel for part of the time. First time they had been boarded, and they did great.