Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday Social - How old...

Our sweet Abby was 8 weeks old when we brought her home from the breeder. Roxy, her half sister, came to us 6 years later at age 7 because of a divorce situation. Abby lived to 15 years and Roxy to 14 years. My current two goldens are both from a rescue...Gage was a 2 1/2 year old Amish bred dog and he was surrendered because the owners could not afford his hip replacement surgery. We have had him now 6 years and he is a big goof. Claire was 4 years old when we got her, she was a breeding dog from a backyard breeder. The poor dogs were housed at a vacant property and got very little affection, attention or food. Although we have had her 4 years, she is still a very insecure, nervous girl. Raised in a loving home, I think she would have been another Abby. I think we will always do rescue just because there are so many that need homes....