Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday Social - How old...

Kay Cee Ann -was 6 weeks, we got her from a BYB in '76
Courtney -was a 5 week old rescue pup with parvo, she lived to 17
Cedar - was rescued at 10 years when she lost her job as our County's Humane Education Dog
JOY -was rescued from the pound at 14 weeks old
Erin - was found standing in the street on Mother's Day. She was about 9 or 10 and we had 9 great years together
Morgan - was 15 months when I rescued her from her breeder
Jordan - was 9 weeks old and I got her from GRiC's very own Teller :)

I picked Toby out from a BYB (ad in the local paper) when he was about 5 weeks old and he came home with us at 8 weeks. He was my 40th birthday present from my husband Jim. When we heard that Toby's mama was having another litter we decided to get one from that litter as well. We picked Sage almost from birth and he also came to join our family at 8 weeks.

After losing Jim, Toby, and Sage, I decided to go the rescue route for my next goldens. I was already volunteering for GRRR. I adopted Trapper the day before his 5th birthday. We picked Keevin together a year later. Keevin was 6 when we got him.

It was wonderful raising puppies but it takes a ton of energy, time, and patience. I decided that I wanted to adopt some goldens that needed a good home the second time around and it has been great as well. It is a different experience but both ways are special.

Pete was 2.5 years old and Ruby was 1.5 years old.

We were Ruby's third home in her short life.

The first few days together for Pete and Ruby in 2011.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Our sweet Abby was 8 weeks old when we brought her home from the breeder. Roxy, her half sister, came to us 6 years later at age 7 because of a divorce situation. Abby lived to 15 years and Roxy to 14 years. My current two goldens are both from a rescue...Gage was a 2 1/2 year old Amish bred dog and he was surrendered because the owners could not afford his hip replacement surgery. We have had him now 6 years and he is a big goof. Claire was 4 years old when we got her, she was a breeding dog from a backyard breeder. The poor dogs were housed at a vacant property and got very little affection, attention or food. Although we have had her 4 years, she is still a very insecure, nervous girl. Raised in a loving home, I think she would have been another Abby. I think we will always do rescue just because there are so many that need homes....