Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday Social - Tricks

When Lacey was about 4 years old, I did several months of agility training with her. We had so much fun! You never think your dog will be one of those who does the weave poles. Then all of a sudden they are doing them.

I am not very good a teaching tricks, but have taught all the dogs how to shake.

Ralphie (the Corgi) knows shake as well as roll over. I did a couple of years of training with Hannah (the Corgi). She was very good with obedience stuff. During the last couple of sessions, we did learn to retrieve the dumb bell, jumps, as well as drop to a down in the middle of running to me from a far distance away. It is still cute to watch her as she does a drop on command while running to me. She throws herself into a down and lets out a little happy woof.

Cheers,
Phyllis L
Ralphie & Hannah-the Corgis

Re: Sunday Social - Tricks

My favorite thing to teach is tricks. The dogs love learning them because they get so much attention and praise. J knows shake, high five, spin, crawl, patty cake, hugs, kiss and some other silly stuff. This isn't really a trick but my favorite game is find it. I hide one of J's toys in another room and she has to find it. She loves to peek if she can.