Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday Social - Doorbell

We have no door bell, but Jordan does go nuts when someone comes in that she knows. She always brings them a present, one of her toys. I ask that they not talk to her or pet her until she settles down. I put her in another room for work people, She still has excessive greeting disorder

Re: Sunday Social - Doorbell

I admit to being a total failure at training my boys any manners at all concerning people showing up at the door. It is pure chaos. I am either using my knee and free hand to try to keep them back as I open the door, or holding both collars and hollering "come in" as I try to hold back 2 super excited boys. I am sure that if I took the time I could have taught them some appropriate behavior, but I never did. And at almost 12 years old, I guess I won't start now.

When people are over they do settle down after a few minutes. But if there is any food involved I have to keep them penned up using the ex-pen in the kitchen away from all food.

I definitely get an 'F' for training in this particular area. At least they are super friendly. And they don't jump up on people, so maybe change that to a 'D-'.