Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday Social - Golden Retriever Quiz

I know #5 without using my good friend Google. Gerald Ford had a golden retriever named Liberty. There is a cute story about President Ford and Liberty. It was a rainy night and no one else in the Ford family wanted to leave the family quarters in the White House to take Liberty out for the last potty break of the evening. So President Ford took her out and upon returning he startled the Secret Service and had to give the super secret password to get back in the house. The Secret Service man sheepishly said, "Sorry, Mr. President."

Rosalind

PS thank you Abby, Susan Marie, and Debbie, this is fun.

Rosalind, you nailed #5. That is a funny story, too!

We are having a dose of the weather you have experienced all winter - a week of snow and cold. You and Teddy snuggle up and stay warm. Have you had any better luck keeping his booties on him?

We're having sleet and freezing rain today in N. VA. It's a lazy popcorn/stay inside day for us. We had a long walk this morning before the precip started. I figured out the boot thing, sorta. We always would lose one boot on each walk. It hasn't been sub-zero temps here for a while, so no boots.
Rosalind

I will go with #3 - the TV show Full House had a Golden Retriever named Comet.

Right on the nose, Carol! Yea!

And,
On question #6, can anyone name even 1 celebrity who has a golden? Forget trying to name 8 or more....

I'll jump in for question 6. I think Oprah Winfrey has at least one golden retriever.

Sandra, Faith & Gemma

Oprah has several dogs including 2 goldens, Luca and Gracie. Hurray for Sandra for getting us started on question #6!

Betty White

Great! Betty White has a golden retriever named Pontiac and is also a spokesperson for Morris Animal Foundation, who are conducting The Golden Retriever Lifetime Study. Two down for question #6!

Dean Koontz, Susannah Charleson, Bill Blass,Mary Tyler Moore, Dan Reeves,Jimmy Stewart,Jack Wagner.

Okay Susan Marie - lots here I wasn't aware of. In further 'research' I came across this site that lists over 160!! celebs that have/had golden retrievers. Wow!! Lots of famous people agree with us that goldens are the best!!

http://landofpuregold.com/famous.htm Have a look.

Anyone have answers to questions 1, 2, or 4???

#2 Is Scotland and Lord Tweedmouth .Jordan is the first dog I have ever had that has had papers, and I was able to trace her back all the way to Lord Tweedmouth, it was very cool.

Correct answer for #1! That is amazing that you can trace Jordan's ancestors all the way back.

I love the name Lord Tweedmouth

although I am late to the party AND disagree with this, Border Collies, Poodles and German Shepherds are considered smarter....great quiz by the way!

Thanks, Judie! And I agree with you that Border Collies, Poodles, and German Shepherds are NOT as smart as our Goldens, but apparently some others think they are. Thanks for participating. Hope to see you post often.

Debbie

I'll finish up with #4 which is 1938, I hope. Now we are already for a new one on Sunday, Miss Debbie, that was FUN !!