Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday Stroll - How many dogs?

Growing up my family only had 1 dog. He was a German Shepard mix of some sort. He had literally "followed us home from school". He was about a year old. We didn't think we would be able to keep him. I remember playing with him on the patio with my sisters. We were calling him "Peaches" and we heard our father call out of the window - "his name is Tramp". Guess he was staying. He lived to be about 15.

My husband and I have had 4 Goldens. Morgan & Cheea were our first 2 who passed a young ages to cancer. They were 6 & 5 at the time. We then got Logan who lived to 11 and then Lacey who lived to 10 (they were 1/2 brother/sister). When they were around 4-5 we got Ralphie-the Corgi at 5 months of age. Ralphie will be 11 this year. We had always liked Corgis and thought we would get one at some point. The daughter of Logan & Lacey's breeder was breeding Corgis. They had held onto Ralphie as a show-prospect. When he didn't make the show cut (he was bit too beefy), they sent an email to their Golden owners looking for a good home. Once we saw his picture we were goners. When Lacey passed, we then added Hannah-the Corgi, who turned 3 this past Dec. 1st.

Cheers,
Phyllis L
Ralphie & Hannah-the Corgis