Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday Stroll - How many dogs?

Ann, Good to see you here!! I hope you'll contribute more. It is so interesting to hear about the past dogs people have had. You have sure had a variety! Layla and Bailey are sure cute, and very lucky to have found you.

I currently have Jordan living with me and Rose is living next door with her Daddy, Mike. I have only ever had Goldens but fostered many other breeds. Growing up I always wanted Collies because of Lassie. I got my first Golden in 1977, Kay Cee Ann. She had her spleen removed at 12 but lived to be 15. Then Courtney, who broke with Parvo 3 days after we got her. She was the only pup in the litter that survived. She was my first Heart Dog and lived until almost 17. After that we took in 10 year old Cedar, our County's Humane Education Dog. I had known her since she was 2 and she was a mess when we got her. We had 5 great years until Hemangio took her on her 5th Gotcha Day.Then came my precious Heart and Soul Dog, JOY. Rescued from the pound at 14 weeks old, JOY was the one that taught me the gift of being loved by a dog. She was 12 going on 6 when the wicked Hemangio took her. Sweet smiley faced Erin was found standing in the middle of a busy road on Mother's Day. My vets felt she was close to 10 at that point but we still had 9 wonderful years together. Then poor little Morgan , my seizure pup, rescued from her awful breeder. She taught me more about life than anyone else and lead my to finding my beautiful Jordan. who is quickly becoming another Heart Dog.

Growing up my family only had 1 dog. He was a German Shepard mix of some sort. He had literally "followed us home from school". He was about a year old. We didn't think we would be able to keep him. I remember playing with him on the patio with my sisters. We were calling him "Peaches" and we heard our father call out of the window - "his name is Tramp". Guess he was staying. He lived to be about 15.

My husband and I have had 4 Goldens. Morgan & Cheea were our first 2 who passed a young ages to cancer. They were 6 & 5 at the time. We then got Logan who lived to 11 and then Lacey who lived to 10 (they were 1/2 brother/sister). When they were around 4-5 we got Ralphie-the Corgi at 5 months of age. Ralphie will be 11 this year. We had always liked Corgis and thought we would get one at some point. The daughter of Logan & Lacey's breeder was breeding Corgis. They had held onto Ralphie as a show-prospect. When he didn't make the show cut (he was bit too beefy), they sent an email to their Golden owners looking for a good home. Once we saw his picture we were goners. When Lacey passed, we then added Hannah-the Corgi, who turned 3 this past Dec. 1st.

Cheers,
Phyllis L
Ralphie & Hannah-the Corgis