Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday Social - TV

Good Morning!

Today's topic: Since it's Superbowl Sunday (so sad that my Broncos didn't get there this year), do your dog/s watch TV?

It was great to hear about so many goldens last week that get along well with their kitty siblings. Of course they do - they're goldens!! Susan Marie, Sandra, Phyllis, Kim, and Judie - sounds like a big happy family! Jean, sounds like boss cat rules in your home. PJ, I hope you have better luck posting this week.

Have a golden day!
Debbie

Re: Sunday Social - TV

Trapper is the TV watcher in my house. He especially likes to see dogs on TV, but any animal will get his attention. Keevin ignores the TV like he doesn't even see it. I don't leave the TV on for them when I'm gone, but I do sometimes leave the radio on.

This picture of Trapper and my grandson is from a few years ago:

J will watch TV when animals are on too. But she loves snuggling with me and the kitties while I watch. She really is my best friend and I feel so lucky that we get to spend so much time together. I start twitching after a couple hours of being away from her I just remembered she likes watching foot ball too, silly girl.

My hubby watches tv the most. Ginger likes to sleep in his lap. She is a thirteen and a half year old 75+ pound lap dog.
Sophie does not watch tv. She is mostly concerned with tennis balls, red balls, anything with a ball or acorn inside it (like Martha Stewart brand squirrels with 2 acorns that tuck in the tummy area, and also toys that she can retriever.
Jake, I believe, actively dislikes music on the tv. Some in one of his previous separation anxiety developing homes must have tried the classical musical stations to calm him. Of course, it has the opposite effect now. He gets very anxious if we try to listen to classic music here.

Pretty much the whole day here has been concerned with the blizzard and the snow. According to the National Weather Service, we have had eleven inches of snow here, in South east Wisconsin, near the Illinois border, and near Lake Michigan. There is no sign of stopping, nor has the howling wind stopped for any appreciable length of time.

We are hoping that my school will close on Monday.

Wishing everyone a happy Super Bowl Sunday (my hubby has represented the family in watching the game and commercials.)

PJ

PJ - I hope your school is closed Monday! No fun to try to get around in that much snow. Stay safe and warm!! Do the dogs like the snow? Mine do but not if it's too deep.

Debbie

If we could all have dogs like this then getting them some exercise on snowy/rainy days would be a breeze!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZm6RwukFCc#t=185

Teddy likes to watch TV, Charlie (RB) did not. Teddy especially likes to watch the AKC Dog Show. However Merlin, my RB black kitty, loved to watch TV. I used to put the ottoman up against the TV screen and Merlin would take a seat and watch the Catnip Video I would play for him. He enjoyed close up watching birds eating from a bird feeder and squirrels scurrying around at the feeders, too. Merlin would chatter and talk to the TV. Lots of fun for us both.

Rosalind