Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Checking in and catching up....

Things here with Trapper, Keevin, and me are going along well. The boys keep me busy, and on my toes. There is never a dull moment when you live with Trapper. We occasionally have overnight doggies stay with us. It is fun for the boys and helps pay for all that expensive dog food. Our latest was a cute dachshund mix that spent New Year's Eve with us. I'm excited to see our CRiC forum coming back to life and look forward to hearing from everyone.

***** Look forward to a new and fun Sunday activity to start next Sunday, Jan. 18. It isn't the Sunday Stroll which we all loved so much, but hopefully will be a fun thing to keep everyone involved. *****

I think of Bill all the time. He is truly missed by so many. I know he would be thrilled to see the forum keep going! I'll be especially thinking of him during the Bronco game today. We would tweet back and forth during Bronco games, sharing excitement and disappointment.

Debbie, Trapper, and Keevin

Jordan

Susan Marie asked me to post this precious picture of Jordan. Isn't she a beauty!?!

It's been while indeed! Faith, my little Taz, will be turning 9 years old this year. So hard to believe. I remember sharing her stories as a wee pup on this forum. Gemma, my sweet, innocent laid back girl, will be 8. As opposite as their personalities are, they are very best friends. Faith remains the energizer bunny.

Susan Marie, you mentioned losing your old cats - I lost my two old cats in 2014. Barry was 15, Audrey almost 19. It broke my heart.

I am now living with Faith, Gemma and Emma, my 13 year old kittie. Emma seems a bit lost so I've decided to get a kitten.

Lots has happened over the past year - I moved and now have an enormous backyard for the girls. But Bill's passing last year remains prevalent in my heart. I sure hope he knew how much we all cared for him and miss him.

Sandra

Hello,

This is a good idea Susan Marie. I hated to see this site go. Butchie turned 12 December 20th. It's hard to watch him get old but he still shows us that puppy personality a couple of times a day. Then we hear the slow moan when he lays down on the floor. I know just how he feels :-)

Hope everyone will come back and visit.

Vicki

Re:oops

I meant to put this under your post below..."some exciting news".

We're still around as well.

Ralphie will be 11 in May. A year ago last May 1st he ruptured the 3rd disc down from his neck. Our only option was surgery. He came through with flying colors, and even got to come home the day after surgery. He recovered well and we would say he has at least 96% mobility back. There are times his rear legs get a bit wobbly, but the surgeon says that is to be expected from this type of surgery. Fortunately we jumped on everything really quickly so there was very little nerve damage.

Hannah turned 3 in late November. She is doing great and keeps us smiling.

Good to hear from everyone!

Cheers,
Phyllis L
Ralphie & Hannah-the Corgis

Hi everyone...
Well I posted something the other day and it never showed up.... hmmmm...anyways..

Thanks Susan Marie for the updates and thanks to Uncle Bill for, well all you did for all of us over the years..

Our sweet Daisy is 10 years old and still the sweetest best dog around...
She continues to be all of our best friend and adores Lauren who is 7 now and Ava who is 6. Their friends love to come over and snuggle up next to our sweet girl...

Looking forward to hearing updates from others and I am going to try to post more updates more often...

Tee and Daisy

It's so hard to believe it has been 6 years since we lost our Abby girl and 7 years for Roxy. I still miss them every day...but our rescue boy, Gage, keeps us going. We brought him home one month after we lost Abby. He was 2 years old and just recovering from hip replacement surgery. He is a silly, silly boy who just does not realize how big he is. Then two years later, we brought home Claire, a breeder rescue from a puppy mill operation. She has turned into the sweetest girl. It breaks my heart to remember how timid and scared she was when we first brought her home.... they have become the best of friends and are living the good life now that my husband has retired. I am so jealous because I am still working...! It is so good to hear from everyone!

Hi Judie!
My hubby retired a year ago in January from UWP, then went to work for Herzing University in Kenosha, WI. He is off now on vacation, and may go back in Mardh. I am still working as an adjunct professor at College of Lake County in Waukegan, IL. We are just starting back this week. I'll be leaving in about 45 minutes to help at the math center, just for tonight.

Ginger is now 13 1/2 and has some trouble getting around. Princess Sophie is 9 1/2, and had to go back to TOPS Veterinary Rehab for a while, still going every two weeks for acupuncture. Forever Foster Jake has been with us for a bit and thinks that he lives the good life, with a dog park as his backyard.

It's good to hear from you.
PJ Tonkin

Hi Everyone!

We are down to one dog, Murphy, at the moment. We think he is around 12. His BFF Erin crossed the Bridge very suddenly in Oct 2013. He was very depressed, so we adopted a 6 year old named Goldie from DVGRR right before Thanksgiving 2013. In August 2014 we discovered that she had cancer, and she crossed the Bridge in December 2014, shortly after celebrating her 1st year with us. We lost our kitty Salem in April 2014 at the age of 16.

Thanks for checking in, I am so sorry for your losses. Glad to hear from you !!

Wow, it's been a long time. I've checked back often over the past few years since Sophie died, and was so sorry to see the site fading. GRiC helped me so much over the time I was blessed to have my sweet Sophie girl. Even though I haven't participated in a while and pulled back quite a bit after losing Sophie, I am so happy to see the reconnection here between old friends, thanks to Susan Marie, Debbie and Rick...

I am now mom to an 8 year old St. Bernard named Bayley, who is our ranch dog extraordinaire. She came as a package deal when I married her dad! I moved to northwestern Montana, got married, and in addition to Bayley, who is love personified, I am mom to 17 horses and our resident chipmunks, ground squirrels, gophers and bears. Have had a lot of love and a lot of loss over the past few years but life goes on, doesn't it... I miss my Sophie every day and will someday have another golden in my life. And having been privileged to have fallen in love with a St. Bernard, I know I'll always have one of those, too! Bayley helped to heal my heart from the loss of Sophie and I'm so thankful for her.