Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad to see this site fading.....

I don't know what made me jump on here tonight, it's been a while. I was sad to see that there weren't many posts like before. Seems like once we lost Bill, the site was just never the same. I used to look forward to all the photos and antics that everyone would post. The Sunday Stroll was always cute! And the support, the support was amazing. I found this site when I lost my Abby to cancer. That was 10 years ago. I learned a lot from this group. Abby had been our first golden but for sure was not our last.

We shared the births of new family members, the deaths of loved ones, the losses of our beloved goldens, career changes, retirement, moving....you name it, we pretty much covered it all. And the Christmas Card Exchange ! I loved that Christmas card exchange. And I spent many a time on this site, reading heartfelt remembrances of a lost golden...and somehow feeling like I had lost one of my own. I would always jump on here during my lunch hour....

I miss that :(

Re: Sad to see this site fading.....

I think that Bill was the 'glue' that held the site together. And many GRiC members are now part of the the GRiC Facebook page and communicate that way. I know not everybody is on FB, so I'm sure we lost some valued members that way. It is sad.

I didn't know there was a GRIC Facebook Page....just now, I signed on and typed both Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace and GRIC and neither brought up a page...can you provide the name of the page......thanks!

Laura, send me an email and I will send you the link.

I haven't checked in in a long time. I heard about the FB page but can't find it. Can someone email me the information. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621508951237404/

Ditto to everything you said Carol. We did indeed share many memories together. I also miss the site - and Bill who definitely held it all together - but I am not on facebook, so sadly will be missing all the antics and photos of so many I knew for so many years.

Thanks for your post. It's nice to know others are feeling the same way.

Sandra

I would very much like to continue to post here for those that don't have facebook Like all of you, I checked for new posts everyday.

Right now I need to work on getting a decent picture of my new girl Crystal and get my Christmas cards ordered!