Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Leather furniture and pets

We have had leather for the past several years for the same reason. We wouldn't have anything else. Ours are still in very good condition. They survived Logan and Ralphie (when they would become possessed) flying up onto them, and using the back cushion as a spring board as they raced around the family room playing. Also, the cats have had no affect on them at all. But our cats have never really scratched furniture. Look for a good quality leather. If the seat cushions are all the same size (square), this is good because you can rotate them for even wear. Just make sure they are removeable. Also, check to see if the back cushions (depending upon the style) have zippers so you can remove the bag of stuffing and rotate them around as well. Ours have both of these features and it has really helped to keep the sofa cushions all in the same condition. Good luck!

Cheers,
Phyllis L.
Ralphie & Hannah the Corgis

Thanks Phyllis.

This all sounds good. I went ahead and ordered the leather sofa and it is being delivered this afternoon. We shall see if it stands up to Miss Faith who, for the most part, remains the Taz of her puppyhood!

Sandra, Faith & Gemma

My leather furniture has held up great with goldens and my 20 lb Maine Coon cat.

I wouldn't mind some nice leather furniture. However, we now have hand-me-down sofa and loveseat from my daughter. At least, it is beige, and goes with the golden retriever fur (which we wouldn't live without.)

PJ