Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spam

Does anybody monitor this site and is anybody able to delete spam?

Re: Spam

Unfortunately Bill was the only one with administrative passwords. I have emailed Bravenet and am waiting for a reply to see how to get rid of the spam post. Not sure that we can. Deb Haggerty had turned everything over to Bill, and doesn't have any authority or ability to get in any more.

The perils of someone passing in a digital world . . . .

If you have an e-mail for one of Bill's relatives/executors, you might contact them and see if he left a list of logons/passwords behind somewhere. He was experienced enough with the web to know that would have been a good idea.

OR, if the executor has Bill's normal e-mail and password, they could contact the Bravenet automated system and request a new password.

Everyone should have a single list of sites, logons and passwords for everything they do online, put in a place where their executors can find it, in case they demise.

RC

Good idea about keeping a list for family to use just in case. I have a small note pad with scribbles, not in any order and sometimes I try to just log it away in my memory...not a good idea

Could his password been the name of his beloved golden retriever?

Spam is gone. Somebody got in to delete it.

I was able to contact Bravenet and get it deleted.