Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Just in from the Vet's

How frustrating for you all. I sure hope little miss Macie gets better soon.

Vicki

So I had a very lengthy conversation with the breeder last night. She's been amazing. I sent her a picture of what I thought was a cyst (I don't know about these things or what they're called) anyway she said "doesn't look like a cyst to me, looks like impetigo" I had never heard of it in dogs...a quick search and I think we're on to something. I had noticed that when Macie urinated it went all over her, well impetigo is caused by "uncleanliness" !!!! And I've taken to washing her down there, but apparently not good enough. I'm pretty sure that's what she has. I'll take her bedding out of the crate and wash that too! The vet had called it a "bacterial infection" but I think impetigo is just that. It's exactly the same type she had last time. Hoping we can end this once and for all !
Carol

Wow! If I remember correctly,Impetigo is contagious, too. Hopefully, the breeder is correct and Macy will receive the proper treatment. Apparently, your vet has never seen a case of Impetigo. Have you received the results of the UA to see if Macy also has an UTI? Good luck. Please give your sweet baby a gentle hug for me.

Marcy

Carol, if it's impetigo, she should have a bunch of pustules on her belly or groin. You can wipe her down with either hydrogen peroxide or benzoyl peroxide a couple of times a day, which should help make it go away quickly if that's what it is. I would think your vet would have seen cases before since it's pretty common in puppies. Anyway, I hope that whatever it is resolves quickly for Macie and that the antibiotics take care of the potential UTI, too!

Sending Macie tons of healing thoughts. How frustrating for you all.

Carol,

You've gotten off to a bit of a rocky start, but hopefully you will soon get to the bottom of the problem and it will be smooth sailing from now on.

Lots of positive thoughts and prayers being sent your way that things soon settle down and you can sit back and enjoy your beautiful little Macy and her puppy antics!

Sandra, Faith & Gemma