Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pet Insurance

Hi

Wondering what everyone's take is on pet insurance. We've never had it on any of ours before. If it works like they say it does, it sure would have helped when Haley was having all those issues with fatty tumors...

I signed up with Trupanian this past weekend, now I'm having second thoughts.
Just not sure about this. Any advice or information/experience with any of the insurances would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Carol

Re: Pet Insurance

Carol, everyone I know who has ever had pet insurance has been very glad they did. I haven't ever had it, and it certainly would've helped through all of Cody's and Finn's issues. I would just double check the policy to be sure that it covers what you've gotten it for.

Re: Pet Insurance

My daughter is very pleased with her pet insurance. It has helped her to keep her two golden oldies going into their fifteenth year for each of them.

I don't have pet insurance. We have always received discounts from our vet because of our rescue work (we get the breeder discount). Dr. Storslee always helps us find low-cost alternatives, and I can search pretty well myself.

In addition, Jake is a long-term foster, so his medical care is paid by the rescue. That only leaves two golden retrievers that we have to keep up with medically.

Sincerely,
PJ