Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Not gonna lie, I'm overwhelmed !

Carol, we have not had a puppy since 1993 but the first thing I thought was UTI. I sure seems like she is up way too much. Hope you find a good answer, let us know??

Carol

I was so ready to throw in the towel yesterday. Sleep deprivation, I know :(
So I spoke to someone yesterday that was very firm in their belief of crate training. I was so aggravated over the day I had yesterday that I did exactly what they told me, took her out for a last potty about 11:30. Threw a little snack in the crate, (earlier in the day I put in the divider to make it as small as I could for her to just lie down and turn around in) covered it completely with blankets. I did not make a deal about it at all. She cried for less than 5 minutes and off to sleep. I woke up at 5:45 on my own and was actually scared because she hadn't cried all night. I waited for a few more minutes. It wasn't too long after she started to stir, she was as dry as a bone and so was the crate. I'm in shock actually ! I'm praying for a repeat performance tonight. She has an appointment at the vet on Wednesday but if I feel the need to, I'll take her in sooner. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks
Carol

I am so glad to hear you had a better night. I would still get her checked for a UTI though. They are so common. And sleep deprivation makes everything so much worse. Let us know how things are going.

I'm definitely going to talk to the dr. about it. I'll keep a close eye on her today.
Thanks again.

Glad all of you had a very good night's sleep! As Debbie suggested, it still would be wise to have Macy checked for an UTI.
When we crate trained Molly, she was in another bedroom, and she insisted that a light weight blanket cover her crate. If it wasn't covered, she wouldn't go in. She slept in the crate until she was about 9 months old, at which time, she started sleeping on our bedroom floor, along with Texie.
Continued good luck!

Marcy

Hoping last night went as well as the night before. I had to laugh (with you, not at you) when you said you woke up at 5:45 and realized you had slept all night and then suddenly was worried because Macy had not made any noise. I have had that feeling before as well! Then you realize that they also slept though the night as well. Good luck!!

Cheers,
Phyllis L.
Ralphie & Hannah-the Corgis

Last night went ok. She slept till about 4:30. I took her out and she went and then right back in the crate. But she only stayed in there till 5:30. I get up around 6:15 so it wasn't that big of a deal. It's a learning process for all us I think. She certainly is a handful.
Carol