Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Butch - Surgery

Vicki, so glad you had such a positive experience at CSU. They were wonderful with Finn when doing all the diagnostics on his broken back. If you don't want Butch to have to wear the cone, go to your local thrift store and see if there's a spandex long-sleeved bike shirt there. You may need to cut a couple of inches on the neck so it doesn't squeeze his neck, but it's much more comfortable than the cone. The body of the shirt should be long enough to go over his privates (you just fold the shirt back on itself when he needs to go out to toilet). If it's not, you can always get a large pair of men's boxers and safety pin the shirt to the boxers, which fit over his legs and his tail goes through the existing hole. I'll send you an e-mail with a photo of Finn in that same garb while recouping from spinal surgery. Keeping fingers crossed for a good pathology report. Give that guy a smooch when you pick him up, please.....

We'll think good thoughts for Butch! Happy to hear he is able to come home today.

Cheers,
Phyllis L.
Ralphie & Hannah-the Corgis

Been thinking about you all and hoping for the best for sweet Butch!

Please keep us posted.

Fingers crossed,

Marianne

Gentle hugs to you and Butch. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Rosalind

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. It's so good to have him home. He's sleeping most of the time but if either one of us leaves the room his eyes pop open. He does not want us to leave him.

Vicki

Vicki, so glad Butch came through the surgery okay and is now home with his family I had taken Montana to CSU, and was impressed. Sending hugs and prayers.

Carol in SD

Vicki, I am so glad to hear that Butch's surgery is over and that he's home. It is great that you went to CSU. Sage had 2 surgeries there and I thought that the expertise and care were excellent. I hope and pray the biopsies are benign and that Butch heals quickly. Hugs to you all...

So glad to hear Butch is home and recovering well. Here's hoping for good biopsy results.

Gail, Muffin and Kyra