Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Salem the cat has gone to the Bridge

Marianne, his sudden death came as a surprise. He seemed ok on Sunday morning. After I finished breakfast on Sunday, I went into the living room to make sure that the night light we kept on had been turned off. Salem was on the love seat making strange noises. When I checked him, I knew something was wrong. Salem did have an infection in his kidneys and pancreas. The vet gave him a very strong antibiotic shot a couple of weeks ago and he was also getting oral antibiotics. He carried the feline aids virus. I have a feeling it became active and thus he could not fight the infections like a normal kitty would.

We do miss him. I get his ashes back next week.

Jean

That's just so hard - even worse when you're not expecting it.

((hugs))

Marianne

Now that I have read the rest of the story, I feel that Salem really was lucky to be with you.

We had a kitty with FIV (from being an outside cat and a stray before my daughter started feeding him). He lived many years with good vet care, and also died at home.

RIP Salem

Sincerely, PJ

Sending sympathy to you Jean and your family.

Salem was lucky to have a good home with you for so many years.

Sincerely,

PJ Tonkin