Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Salem the cat has gone to the Bridge

Bless Salem's heart. He was lucky to be rescued by you.

Vicki

Sorry to hear about Salem. Sounds like he had many good years with you and I hope you can enjoy lots of happy memories.

Gail, Muffin and Kyra

Sorry to hear about your sweet kitty. Thank you for loving him after his previous 'family' abandoned him. I am glad his passing was peaceful and at home with those who love him.

Jean, I'm so sorry for your loss. Salem was very lucky to have most of his life with you.

Here's a picture of gorgeous Salem, and Jean's story about him from her facebook page. She said I could put them here:

I don't know if many of you know how we ended up with Salem. He lived across the street from us, and his previous "owners" had to move because the house they were renting was sold. They found someone to take their dog, but no one for Salem. They moved out in December, so it is cold out, and left him there to fend for himself. The immediate neighbors, including us, were all feeding him and making sure he had water. Hubby finally got a hold of him and brought him home before the house got torn down. We took him to the vet and, presuming he had never been to one, asked for "the works". Testing found he was a carrier of feline aids, so he became an indoor kitty. This all happened in Jan 2003, so we had him a little over 11 years. He greeted every dog we brought in with a hiss and a swat on the nose! House still feels a little strange without him, but there will be no more cats.

Jean and family (2-legged and 4-legged) this is the sweetest picture and story of Salem. I know you always acknowledged him in your posts... and his attitude of course! 11 years is a long time for a furry friend.

Run free at the bridge, Salem. Lots of dogs to intimidate.

Sorry to hear this about Salem, wish you peace.

Jean
So sorry to hear about Salem. Sounds like he was a very lucky kitty to have had you guys find him. I think there's a special place in heaven for those that step in where others step away. I'm sure if he could, he would tell you thanks for your kindness and for giving him such a great life.
Carol

Jean, your sweet Salem gave you such a blessing in leaving on his own terms in his own time. RIP, handsome putty tat, hoping you had a joyous reunion with all of your furry siblings. Jean, I'm wishing you a peaceful heart, knowing you made sure Salem felt love and warmth for the past 11 years.

Jean,

Sending you deep condolences in the loss of Salem. He was such a beauty! You gave him 11 years of love and he was lucky to have found you.

Not to talk about myself, but I lost my dear cat Barry (named that because I found him in a city named Barrie when he was approximately six to seven weeks old) three weeks ago today. He would have been 15 years old in May, so I totally understand your loss.

Godspeed sweet Salem and wishing you peace in your heart, Jean.

Sandra, Faith & Gemma (and my two other kitties, Audrey and Emma)

I'm so sorry, Jean. Had he been sick or was this a terrible surprise?

Sending you lots of love - gosh, it's painful to lose our beloved animals.

Marianne
((hugs))

Marianne, his sudden death came as a surprise. He seemed ok on Sunday morning. After I finished breakfast on Sunday, I went into the living room to make sure that the night light we kept on had been turned off. Salem was on the love seat making strange noises. When I checked him, I knew something was wrong. Salem did have an infection in his kidneys and pancreas. The vet gave him a very strong antibiotic shot a couple of weeks ago and he was also getting oral antibiotics. He carried the feline aids virus. I have a feeling it became active and thus he could not fight the infections like a normal kitty would.

We do miss him. I get his ashes back next week.

Jean

That's just so hard - even worse when you're not expecting it.

((hugs))

Marianne

Now that I have read the rest of the story, I feel that Salem really was lucky to be with you.

We had a kitty with FIV (from being an outside cat and a stray before my daughter started feeding him). He lived many years with good vet care, and also died at home.

RIP Salem

Sincerely, PJ

Sending sympathy to you Jean and your family.

Salem was lucky to have a good home with you for so many years.

Sincerely,

PJ Tonkin