Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Paging Vicki

Vicki: I am dealing with a similar situation with Tia, so I understand the mix of emotions and rational thought. In the end, we will do what is best for our beloved companions. And that may not be keeping an animal alive at any cost, but rather choosing quality over quantity of life. Butch trusts you with everything he has; I know you always do what is best for him. I'm just sorry we have to face such heart-wrenching decisions.

Ann,

What is wrong with Tia? If you don't mind me asking.

Vicki

Tia was diagnosed with a brain tumor after she started having seizures last October, shortly before Mila died. Medications have greatly helped the seizures; she was seizure-free for five months. She had two more a couple of weeks ago; her neurologist increased the dosage of one of her medications. Since then she has had no more seizures and has felt great. We don't know how long she has had the tumor or how quickly it is growing. Surgery is not an option as the tumor is growing into her brain.

I'm sorry to hear this Ann. I can't believe how much cancer has come into the canine world. Especially Golden Retrievers for some reason.

I will include Tia in my prayers.

Vicki