Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need your thoughts & prayers

Vicki, if your vet thinks this is hemangiosarcoma, be sure that they do scans before you authorize a splenectomy. If it's only in the spleen, a dog can live a long time without the spleen but they're more prone to infections without it. It could also be a hematoma, which can cause the same symptoms as hemangiosarcoma but is NOT cancer. I'm so sorry that Butchie isn't well. There's a Chinese herb called Yunan Baiyao that stops bleeding temporarily. You might ask your vet about it. Sending gentle hugs and pats to Butch, and a great big hug to you.

We're thinking good thoughts for all of you!

Phyllis L.
Ralphie & Hannah-the Corgis

Sending you lots of love and prayers for a full recovery for sweet Butch!

Marianne

My girl Muffin had her spleen removed 2 years ago - we aren't sure how old she is, but she was between 11 and 13 yrs when she had it removed. Luckily the mass on her spleen was a benign hematoma and she is still doing well - other than normal old age stuff. She got through her surgery great.

Good luck with Butch. Hopefully it's something benign and he'll be good as new soon. Keep us informed.

Gail, Muffin and Kyra

Sending Butch lots of golden thoughts and prayers that the mass is benign and he'll soon be feeling well, again. Hugs to you and Denny and a gentle one for Butch. Please let us know what the vet says tomorrow, when you get a chance.

Marcy

Vicki-We are sending lots of golden thoughts and prayers toward Butch. Thinking of you both.

Trish, Abby and Minnie

Vicki
Sending thoughts, prayers and hugs that all goes well. I used the Chinese herb Yunan Baiyao that Molly mentioned for Charlie. Our onocologist highly recommended it. Please keep us posted.
Rosalind

Saying a prayer for Butch that everything turns out ok.
Carol

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. I'm a little more clear about this today. We will be getting an ultrasound done this week to see if it is a mass for sure and if it looks cancerous and has spread to other organs. Then we will decide on the solution.

Butch is fine. He's as normal as can be but I can't walk him or anything. The Vet said absolutely no activity for now.

Vicki

Sending a ton of golden thoughts your way. It's amazing that we have so much knowledge and experience in this small group.

PJ

Sending lots of Golden thoughts for Butch and family!

What a hard time for all of you! Best wishes to Butch for a non-cancer diagnosis and hugs to all of you. Lots of prayers and golden thoughts heading your way.

Vicki, sending all positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family. And to Butch of course. It seems like you have very good advice here...

keeping the faith,
Carol and

Golden thoughts going out!