Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: It's Macie...

Love the name Macie!!!

I don't think I could go through puppyhood again so good luck with that!!! It's a trying six months or so but its remarkable how it all settles out in the end, particularly if you're doing the "right" things consistently through puppyhood.

Sounds like everyone has given you good advice above.

Best wishes.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Thanks so much for all the excellent advice. I've taken bits and pieces of all of it and will work more diligently on the crate training. Having had goldens for 18 years, you learn from mistakes you've made and there certainly are a few things we want to avoid with Miss Macie ! (Did I tell you all that it's really that Macy's is my favorite department store, LOL it's the truth)

She had her first vet visit last night, which went well. She weighs in at 13.2 lbs. The doc said she looked good! And she's really starting to become comfortable in our home now. She's loves the yard and she loves laying on the patio. And she really loves her toys, it's so funny to watch her. Taking tons of pictures. I'll send some to Deb and hopefully she'll post them for me.
Thanks again everyone. Ahhhh, a golden in the house again, and suddenly all seems well

Carol, you summed it up with "a golden in the house again and all seems well"! So good to hear that Macie (funny about Macy's) is settling in nicely and enjoying her new lot in life Finn says you should make lots of treats for her. It's his only advice other than to remember 100 belly rubs a day is a requirement!

She is definitely a keeper! It's cute to read how much she likes her toys. Love seeing her pictures.

Cheers,
Phyllis L.
Ralphie & Hannah-the Corgi

I love the name!! I don't have any crating advice as I didn't crate train Faith, but really wish I had, so I think you are wise to be doing so. Sounds like you have alot of good advice above.

It's the weekend so hopefully you can catch up on some sleep!

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of the little one!

Sandra, Faith & Gemma