Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Update on Bill's memorial

So great that we can honor Bill and help Goldens at the same time. Thanks so much Molly.

Gail

It is a perfect way to honour Bill. He would indeed be smiling knowing he is being remembered by his forum friends and that so many rescued goldens will be helped with the donation in his memory.

Thanks for doing this Molly.

Sandra

I'm sorry I missed out on this. Can I still send you a check or should I send it to GRRR?

Leann, please send it to GRRR (website is www.goldenrescue.com and click on donate, then go to Golden Angel Fund) as I have sent everything in already today.

Will do, thanks!

That is really cool news Molly. I believe Bill is smiling up there too.

Vicki

Folks, your donations have been deposited in my checking account and I've written the checks, filled out the forms and included a list of all the donors and their addresses. I wanted to be sure everyone was acknowledged for their generosity. When I sent the checks in today to GRRR's treasurer, I included the write-up for the newsletter so that she'd be aware of the background and the relationship with Bill for all of us. Honestly, it feels very final and real to have done this, the same way it was made real when I was deleting e-mails yesterday and there was one from Bill on February 20, two days before he died. He apologized for all the mistakes in it because he was on some good pain meds, which made me laugh....and then cry.

Such a shock - still doesn't seem real.

Marianne

I have some emails from him, can't bring myself to delete them.

What a fitting tribute for our dear friend. Thank you Molly.
Rosalind

Thank you Molly... so good to think of him again tonight. He would be so pleased and yes, surprised that we would donate in his memory.

Molly--Thank you so much. I've had the same response that some of you have had, smiling then crying when I see the emails, lists and pix of Bill. I miss him and I never even met him in person! Just shows you what a special guy Bill was and is up there (over there?)at the RB with all of our furry ones!

Trish, Abby and Minnie

I will also be sending a donation to the Golden Angel fund. PJ

PJ, thanks! Knowing that our missing Bill is helping goldens in need surely has someone smiling "up there".