Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Update on permanent memorial

Hi Molly!
You have a lot going on right now - so a really special THANK YOU for dealing with this!
ANYTHING you decide to do is fine with me, but I got to thinking - didn't someone say that Bill's former work place was taking up a collection too? I don't know where he worked, or what kind of (size) donation they might come up with, but can't help but wonder if ours, combined with theirs, might be enough for a bench? Just a thought - anything to do with goldens would, I'm sure, please Bill!
THANKS again!
Fidele & Cedar

Fidele, GRRR has already received a donation from Century Link (formerly Qwest) in Bill's name. I'll try to find out in what amount and whether it was designated to a specific fund. If it wasn't, I'll do the math and see if something permanent is possible by combining funds. My guess would be no, but there's surely no harm in trying.

Molly -
Please KNOW that I'm totally happy with whatever is done and so thankful for your efforts! And I'm sure Bill would be pleased and honored as well!
Many thanks - again!
Fidele

Re: Contributions for Bill's memorial

This is all good... the naming tribute and the donation for care. Thank you for doing this, and will be waiting to hear you have another beautiful grandbaby to celebrate.

Carol

Re: Contributions for Bill's memorial (an update)

Just back from seeing baby Peter at the hospital. Woo boy, I am in love once more Maybe I'll see if Rick would post a picture. Meantime, I just wanted to report that as of mail delivery today, the collection for Bill's memorial totals $375.00, so $100 to the naming tribute and $275 to the golden angel fund. Bill would be so very pleased that his forum friends are remembering him in this kind and generous way, so if you feel a little tap on the shoulder in the next few days, it's your angel friend Bill saying thanks.

Re: Contributions for Bill's memorial (an update)

Happy to hear the new baby is doing well!

What a wonderful way to remember Bill!

Cheers,
Phyllis L.
Ralphie & Hannah-the Corgis