Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: It's hazardous out there

Sending get better wishes to Finn. We have had so many dog adventures in the past two weeks: Ginger falling down the stairs, Jake getting into my snack bag and eating my snack bars, and also resisting doing his potty outside, and our house becoming the mouse hotel.
PJ

Poor Finny! I do the same thing on the icy days Molly. I take Butch to a place where he can run in the snow and we both stay off the ice. Butch has slid and fallen in the snow a couple of times but it would have been much worse on ice.

Hope Finn is OK.

Vicki

We hope Finn will be feeling better soon! Falls are bad news, for them or us!

Penny definitely gets cabin fever if we stay in longer than she thinks appropriate. A car ride is a fun diversion. Despite the cold, Penny still wants to sit outside. On a snow pile. When we arrive home, Penny zooms out the front door with a toy in her mouth for a spin around the front yard. We all come in, then minutes later she is waiting at the back door to go out again!

Finn seemed alright yesterday, although a bit sore. This morning, at the crack of dawn, I awoke to that horrid sound of a dog about to vomit. This one happened to be inches from my head, in my bed. I flew out of bed, encouraging him to follow and at least we made it to the living room! He's sleeping soundly now, so hopefully, whatever it was is out of his system. It's snowing again and sub-zero temps, so it's the backyard today for old dog. Finny thanks everyone for the feel better wishes and says he wishes he did feel well

Poor Finny--Hope he feels better today. He needs to be in good form for tomorrow's game!

Trish, Abby and Spinny Minnie

Poor Finny - all he was trying to do was have a little fun!

The other morning we awoke to the "gurking" sound too - we panicked a bit because Sammy always barfs just before a seizure…thankfully, no seizure. Just the aftermath of him eating wood chips (we use the unstained, natural ones so no chemicals involved) but he did honk up the equivalent of a small tree on our bed at 5:45am.

Once we realized it wasn't a seizure and that he was basically OK, I overheard Brian explaining to him that he is a dog, not a beaver, and that he doesn't need to eat wood.

Sending Finny lots of love and healing thoughts

Marianne

Poor Finny. We're wishing him a quick recovery.

We are just back from an hour trek through the ice and snow. I was safe wearing my YakTrax and the boys were luckily fine. But it's starting to turn into one of THOSE winters.

Poor Finny, dang ice. Hope he is getting better and the upset tummy is gone. Spring can't get here soon enough!

Oh no, Finny, falls are not good for that repaired spine

We have cold, chills, and rain right now after the record-setting lows. I absolutely agree with Cindy and Penny's saga... the furrkidz want to be outside in today's rain (though NOT in the sub-zero stuff...) and Miss Zoe in her red-girl-dog behavior? it is maximum 10 minutes inside before she is ready to go out again! At least they crash and sleep now... after dinner.

Molly, give your boy a gentle pat for me? and please stay safe everyone.

Poor Finny! I hope he is feeling better! Falls are not a good thing for dogs or humans!

Winter north of the border has been a terrible one too. Ottawa has seen one of the worst winters in 20 years. Record low temperatures, lots of snow (snow is falling as I write this and will continue throughout the night).

Faith and Gemma are loving it (they seem oblivious to the cold and, of course, love the snow). I, on the other hand, am not so happy about any of it.

Hugs to Finny.

Sandra, Faith & Gemma