Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the ads are back

Once again there are flashing ads across the top of the page. AARRRGGGHHHH!

Re: the ads are back

Ann
I'm sorry that you are having that aggravation again. No ads are showing here, with two different computers and two browsers. Is anyone else experiencing flashing ads? Please let me know right away.
Bill

Yep, I'm still getting them. They only appear on this website. Someone mentioned it could be browsers. Being computer challenged, I have no clue how to get rid of the browsers, nor what a browser is. I just delete them each time.

Marcy

Marcy
I understand the frustration you and Ann are experiencing. Nobody like ads flashing in their face. I pay a fee annually to the forum provider NOT to have to put up with ads, as the free web sites have to see. If our payment were due, we would All see the ads so maybe its your internet provider thats doing it, but then you would see it everywhere. I have sent an e-mail inquiry to Bravenet asking for help.

A browser is the program (or App) that your computer uses to connect to the internet. Examples are Internet Explorer (Microsoft) or Safari (Apple) or Firefox. Although they vary in features and speed, they all do the same thing..let your computer "talk" to the web. Most browsers have a cache, or memory where they store info on your most often visited sites. You can clear out this memory cache, usually by a simple selection in the browser setup or preferences screen.

I am not a computer guru, but if I can help in any way, let me know. I'll post any response from Bravenet that I receive.

Bill

Thanks, Bill. It seems with your advice & info, George was able to get rid of the ads for me.

Marcy

For removing any type of viruses whether it is a adware, browser hijacker, pop-ups ads, or ransomeware you can easily eradicate them with the help manual instructions and scans that you can get easily by fetching information’s from Combat PC Viruses.

Here is the link that will solve all your problems related to malware attack on the system and browser:

http://www.combatpcviruses.com

I am using Safari and no problems here. Hope you can figure it out soon as it must very annoying.

I believe the problem is a malware program called akamaihd.net. According to what I have read on-line, it is next to impossible to remove. I have run a couple of Norton scans, and it did nothing (others report the same lack of success).

Friends
Here is a link to remove the adware (malware) that Ann mentioned. I haven't used it. Use at your own discression!

http://www.fixyourbrowser.com/removal-instructions/remove-rvzr2-akamaihd-net-popup-virus/

Good luck
Bill

I am getting them to. I have ie 8. Stupid annoying things!