Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Friday Revelation

I’m gonna double down on the Mexican American War and say that they are US Volunteers. They have the correct kit, the caps are fitting of the American army at the time and the inclusion of the slouch hat makes me think that they are an irregular/volunteer unit. While that is my best guess, I still am not 100% sure. I’m dying to know for certain.

"I’m dying to know for certain"

You and me both Asher!

Now I am with you and over on the American continents. Could work for north, central or south, I reckon. They look particularly 'irregular' with that smock coat on the 'shooter'. If it weren't for the previous officer I'd have gone for early 19th C. I seem to recall a picture in Allen's 'Fighting Men and Their Uniforms' of a Mexican irregular infantryman from the Mexican-US war shown in a similar habit and kit. I'll have to wander over to my shed to check...

Regardless, there is plenty of flexibility with such figs.

Lastly, and most importantly, it is so absolutely marvellous to see Strelets keep on keeping on and extra grand that you are providing us with the joy and challenge of a Friday teaser. Thank you!

On, on,
James

Bona tarda!
Crec que són defensors del alamo

If they are US, gotta make them blue!

Something like the Seminole wars?

They work for the period 1850 +/- , Sikh war , Indian Mutiny but I still think ACW .

Regardless of what they are I definitely think they could be used for early ACW. Especially if you’re trying to do a Bull Run campaign.

Re: Friday teaser

These must be Mississippi volunteers, they look as if they were wearing the famous brigth red uniform

I'm at a loss here....could these be British Marines during the Second Opium War 1856-1860?