Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 3-D Printing In General

Indeed, 3D can be an excellent travel companion of our hobby. I have acquired from various manufacturers both toy soldiers and vehicles... all really nice and quite flexible ... They cost a bit but I think they're worth it. I've posted various things on both FB and Instagram and VK. Ciao.

I've got some tanks on order. They allow you to order pretty much any scale. Can't wait to get them!

I don't have an 3-D produced figures yet; but I've been watching the progress of the process for sometime. With the shrinking demographic of our hobby and the increasing costs of injection molded plastic I have to agree that this is probably the future of the hobby. I'm hoping I'm here long enough to see the price of 3-D printers drop to affordability (and they will. I remember when video players cost almost a thousand dollars for a top loaded model that just played video tapes. A few years later I picked up a VCR that was programable and cost less than $200) and be able to get one to produce the guys I've always wanted.

Wayne (and Everyone also!), you've got to buy the "Linear-A 061 Imperial Roman Command Set 1 'Centuriones'" I agree with PSR. I bought a Baker's Dozen of National Geographic handheld magnifying glasses just to look at my Soldiers. When you look at real close at these figures, it'll just amaze you. The Helmets, the Faces, the Chest Plates, and the Shields! Being 3D printed, there is no worries about undercutting or add on parts. And amazingly, the plastic is bendable with 100% memory, so long as you don't abuse this feature. And don't miss the fact there is a Set II to go with it. You get 10 poses and 4 of each one, so be sure to leave one group unpainted just so you can look at them under your magnifying glass and be reminded that this is just possibly one of the greatest moments in toy soldier history since the intro of plastic itself, as opposed to metal. And combine these with all of the outstanding Strelets-R Roman Sets, and lookout, just like the Toy Story movie, these little guys will come alive at night and make your Cat run, your Dog bark, and wake you up in wonderment. As Sgt. Dagineau of Beau Geste famously said - "I promise you!"